Tuesday, December 05, 2006

EXCELLENT CHRISTMAS MEME!

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Coffee Martini!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Everything wrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Depends on my mood.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No way, Jose!

5. When do you put your decorations up? When I get around to it.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Leftovers.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Any gift from my Great Aunt Ida. She always hid little surprises inside her presents. As an adult, any Christmas spent with Sis.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth about Santa?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I wait until Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Never know until I do it.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love to watch it fall, love to know it’s on the ground. Love cold weather. Love to stay home in front of a fire with the kitties and just SNUGGLE.

12. Can you ice skate? Absolutely. Bad back and all.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I love to give gifts to people and spend a lot of effort accumulating a lot of goodies for each person on my rather tiny gift list. My favorite gift in recent years is probably the record player I received last year from friend Pam. It looks like an old fashioned radio but it has a CD player AND a turntable so it also plays 33-1/3, 45 and 78 rpm records AND it has a terrific AM/FM radio as well. Just a really fantastic gift!

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family and friends.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Homemade cookies and candy. I make my own dark chocolate truffles to give as gifts and roll them in chopped toasted hazelnuts. Yum.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching the Christmas Midnight Mass from St. Peters – just me and the kitties.

17. What tops your tree? I have an angel given to me by some former friends and I still honor our former friendship by using the angel.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Both. But the fun of finding just the right gift for the few people on my gift list is priceless. It's a way of showing them that I noticed their likes and dislikes, care about their comfort or convenience or pleasure and value their friendship.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? “Oh Holy Night!”

20. Candy canes: Don’t care for them and my bridgework likes them even less!

21. Favorite Christmas movie? Miracle on 34th Street

22. What do you leave for Santa? Sam the cat won’t let Santa in the door!

h/t: The Anchoress and Oh How I Love Jesus blogs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was fun learning more about you Gayle! I don't think you are cranky at all. O Holy Night is one of my favorite Christmas songs too, next to Silent Night.