Thursday, March 22, 2007

OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH MRS. EDWARDS

While I consider her husband a fatuous phoney, nevertheless I cannot and will not wish any ill to Mrs. Edwards, particularly on a day when we have learned of the death of the amazing Cathy Seipp at the young age of 49.

I think it behooves us all to make a point of wishing Mrs. Edwards the best, if for no other reason than that she and her husband have two small children who need their mother.

I cannot find it in my heart to criticize former Senator Edwards for continuing with the campaign. If that's how he and Mrs. Edwards choose to handle this situation, that is their business.

Meanwhile, I will be praying for continued good health for a long while to come for Mrs. Edwards. Her husband will need her support when he is rejected by the Democratic Party or the voters once again.