Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I HAVE BEEN TAGGED!


Gee Aaron, I hardly know what to say at such a munificent gift!

1. Wrapping or gift bags?
Gift bags - I am wholly incompetent in the gift wrapping department!

2. Real or artificial tree?
Because of the cat (whose curiosity is legendary but whose agility is somewhat lacking), a small, prelit, artifical tree that can be put up out of reach. It is decorated with a multitude of cat-related ornaments because cats are one of my passions.

3. When do you put up the tree?
When I feel the urge to do it. Probably this Saturday afternoon.

4. When do you take the tree down?
January 6th - "little Christmas" as my mother used to call it. We're Byzantine Catholic and that's REALLY our Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog?
I detest the stuff! Now I could really GO FOR a Bloody Mary any time!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Ice Skates - my first pair, which led to thousands of dollars being poured into the sport over the next 12-14 years because once I tried it - I was HOOKED, I tell you, HOOKED!

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
We Catholics have the nativity scene to remind us of the REASON for the SEASON.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Always was grateful for anything I received. My parents weren't encouraging to relatives who wanted to spoil me rotten - extravagant gifts were firmly DISCOURAGED but something as simple as a pair of knit gloves from Aunt Ida Kiplinger were treasured - especially because she always stuck a few pennies in the fingers and a few wrapped peppermints in the thumbs!

9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I send cards to people who send me cards. And I will be getting my cards out this weekend, I swear!

10. Favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Carol (love that Scrooge!)

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I tend to pick up (and give) gifts throughout the year and don't really give Christmas gifts per se. Instead, I cook or bake things for people.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Dear Linda's lasagna and my own stuffed cabbage. Coincidentally, that's what each of us is making this year. I'm going to her house where we'll eat, watch DVDs and relax with the menagerie - then split the leftovers and each take half. [I will post the recipe for my stuffed cabbage this weekend on my blog if friend Michael can get my home computer modem replaced.]

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
I'm so over the clear or white lights. Not cheerful enough - give me multicolored every time. And remember those BUBBLE LIGHTS? If I could get my hands on some of those, I'd even consider getting a bigger [fake] tree for next year!

14. Favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night and Silent Night - both were my late mother's favorites as well. Oddly enough, whenever I hear anyone singing Silent Night in any language, I HEAR IT in Hungarian! How odd is that?!

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.

3. Tag random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.

4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Moving right along, I am tagging: The Anchoress, Sissy and Laura Lee

No comments: