Monday, July 21, 2008

CHANGE WE DARE NOT BELIEVE IN!?


Just when I thought Senator Obama was planning “Jimmy Carter – Part Deux”, he comes up with this clanger!

We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

Aside from the fact that the intended import of this quotation is unclear in many respects, in my eyes (at least I hope the Senator doesn't mean this the way it sounds), one could deduce that the Obamamessiah has every intention of establishing a national police force – eerily akin to those that have existed in totalitarian regimes worldwide (past and present) and frighteningly reminiscent of the Nazi-era SS - which, for my sins, I am old enough to remember! This may not be the senator’s intent – but that’s what it sounds like and frankly, it’s time once again for the true change we can believe in – that of the Senator changing his mind as he has done so frequently of late. This is America you leftwing crackpot and we don't need that kind of nonsense in this Republic.

3 comments:

Matilda's mom said...

I am not American, but I like your style. Would you mind to link me to your blog?

Gayle Miller said...

I've actually never done any linking. I'll find out how and do it! I used to work with a lot of people from South Africa when I lived in Los Angeles and worked for Nestle, U.S.A.

Matilda's mom said...

Thank you. I find your country very interesting, maybe because two if my children made the good choice of emigrating there and we are able to visit them regularly. I try to keep up with the politics and find it refreshing to read your straight forward blogs.