Friday, March 20, 2009

THERE ARE TIMES WHEN A UNION IS A WONDERFUL THING!

I work in Washington, D.C. I work at a law firm. Almost all of my friends work for law firms. And as conservative as I am, there are days (and this is one of them) when I thank my lucky stars that, because of the clients they serve, the law firm for which I work is a union shop - the only one in town! The mere 6 secretaries and 10 paralegals are protected from the whims of attorneys and the possible lack of logic emanating from a human resources department, not to mention the selfish, self-motivated actions of fellow employees. Consequently, this is a very relaxed and productive place to work! We love our jobs and it shows in our commitment to excellence. Who knew? This isn't the normal reaction to being a union member, perhaps, but it's our reaction!

Making baseless charges against another human being, charges that threaten their livelihood (especially in a market such as this one) is about as despicable as a human being can get. Charging someone I love with - of all things - racism, is beyond low and justifiably has ignited my ire toward these two females that is visceral beyond belief. You do not, ever or with impunity, hurt someone I love - most notably, my sister. That I harbor ill will is putting it mildly. That I am trying to be Christian about this most un-Christian of situations is true - but the effort is stupendous. Why were these charges made? Because two simpering, evil wenches decided that my sister is a threat to their self-esteem.

As often as I have told myself, today, that karma will deal with these two scrofulous, venom and evil possessed crones, it hasn't helped a lot. However, I do believe that this kind of base dealing will eventually catch up with them. In the meantime, my sister needs my love and support and she will get it in abundance!

No comments: