Wednesday, January 27, 2010


PETA JUMPS THE SHARK!

Are these zealots even remotely rational? They have attacked figure skater Johnny Weir, who is not (as all who read my blog know) one of my favorites - why? Because he has a little tuft of fox fur on the shoulder of his long program costume.

For the love of God! Everyone who knows me knows that I love animals. But this kind of nonsense just makes their movement look ridiculous and pretty damned stupid! While educating people to the [perhaps] inhumane methods of obtaining fur for coats and so forth would be a good thing, this kind of hysteria just creates the appearance of hysterical stupidity! And by the way, having seen the behavior of minks in the wild(as I have), you'll never dissuade me from believing that they fulfill their minky destiny by keeping me warm! They are the most vicious critters around.

And Mr. Weir makes a very intelligent (high praise coming from me) and thoughtful response: In the vast scheme of things, a few tufts of fox fur don't matter. Everyone in the competition is, after all, skating in cowhide boots! Well spoken, young man! I have ever so slightly revised my opinion of you and in a positive way!

No comments: