Tuesday, November 30, 2010

HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY

Since I wasn't cooking for the holiday, I gave myself permission to sleep in on Thanksgiving - and indeed I did sleep late - until 11:30 a.m.! I haven't done that in a long, long, long time! Woke up feeling feisty and peppy. I wasn't out of the sack more than about 5 minutes when certain feline companions of mine started upping my giggle factor by a LOT!

Buddy and Rusty first amused me by campaigning for brunch with a show of aerobic hijinks that reduced me to tear inducing giggles! Then they spent an inordinate amount of time jockeying for position on my lap while I tried to drink my coffee!

Went to Joyce's for the day and her future (?) son-in-law was deep frying anything that came within his reach! I came prepared with a fresh turkey breast that immediately found its way into the vat of screaming hot peanut oil! When it was done it looked amazing and it tasted even more amazing. Thanks Conrad! After spending a few hours enjoying the revelry, the good food, the companionship and the antics of Joyce's grandkids, I headed home to enjoy a leisurely chat with friend Pam. I miss her.

The balance of the weekend I spent puttering, resting, playing with the boys and just enjoying my home. I have a long-standing policy of staying within my own 4 walls and off the roads during the holiday weekends!

Made a new discovery, however, because I felt compelled to watch "The Wizard of Oz" at least once. Turns out Rusty is enamored of the munchkins (or at least their voices). He planted his lovely self directly in front of the TV and proceeded to give the screen his undivided attention. Weird little fellow is Rusty! Buddy finds the TV completely without interest and took the opportunity of Rusty's distraction to climb on the back of the recliner and launder my hair! Long acquaintance with catdom has taught me that this is a sign of affection. I have no doubt that there is a great deal of affection between the 3 of us.

No comments: