So okay, that may have been slightly over-the-top but, in no specific order, here are a few of my all time disliked commercials (this week at least)!
- "That's for babies" - featuring a badly dressed, clearly overcoddled little female person rejecting any clothing suggested by her wimpy mother who doesn't just say, "This is what you're wearing darling and deal with it!". But the kid likes Cheerios. Which means that as long as that commercial is running, I'm not buying the damned things!
- "Nobody touches my Butterfingers snackers!" - an overprivileged, not terribly attractive, faux-Southern belle is sitting with a guest when she pours out a bag of the aforementioned treats into a bowl. The friend, believing that hospitality is on offer, reaches out to have a taste, thus triggering the candy bowl's defensive capabilities and getting her fingers zapped! This is a demonstration of total rudeness. If you're going to put out food when you have a guest in the house, then that guest should be invited to sample the candy!
- The pertussis commercial which, while highlighting a possibly serious threat to infant health, manages to do so in a fashion that is horrendously unpleasant and off-putting to those of us who aren't blessed (?) with infants in our homes. And it runs every 20 seconds it seems on some channels. Personally, I just change the channel.
- Captain Morgan Rum commercials - all of them are just annoying and offensive.
- The diaper commercial with the pee fountain shooting up out of the infant's diaper. In the first place, no baby can shoot that strong a stream and in the second, this stupid commercial is often seen at meal times.
- The heart wrenching ASPCA or other animal rescue commercials. On too frequently, too filled with pathos and hey you dorks - the damned polar bears aren't dying! Unless they're dying of embarrassment from those commercials! Global Climate Change (as they're calling it now) is a hoax people!
- Any commercial or advance peek at "The View" where the ugly face of Joy Behar is visible, just on general principles. I don't watch this show because I thoroughly dislike the obscenely biased presentations and the strident stupidity of Joy(less) Behar! Whoopie I can take, Barbara I can take. Joy Behar offends me for days! I'm biased and glad to proclaim it - against HER!
Then there's the dumb couple who are so astonished by the arrival of some lame ass magician with new packaging for popcorn. Does she really have to prattle on about how amazing it is - WITH HER MOUTH FULL? And our children watch these commercials and learn from them. Shocking.